The Partnership for New York City represents the city’s business leadership and its largest private sector employers.
We work with government, labor and the nonprofit sector to promote economic growth and maintain the city’s position as a global center of commerce and innovation. Through the Partnership Fund for New York City, the Partnership contributes directly to projects that create jobs, improve economically distressed communities and stimulate new business creation.
Communications & Marketing Manager
The Partnership Fund for New York City is a mission-driven investment fund focused on creating jobs in New York City and growing the local economy. Our investments range broadly—from projects in inner city neighborhoods that help provide employment and better services to underserved populations to those that catalyze the growth of emerging tech sectors such as life sciences and digital manufacturing. We operate the FinTech Innovation Lab to connect emerging fintech companies to large financial institutions. Recently we launched a new partnership with the MTA to identify new technologies for public transit.
The Partnership Fund was started in 1996 by Henry Kravis under the auspices of the Partnership for New York City, the city’s premier business organization. Our funding was provided by the private sector. We have invested over $160 million since inception.
The Communications & Marketing Manager has primary responsibility for creating and disseminating the Partnership Fund’s story to all stakeholders, including the board, investors, entrepreneurial and social investment communities and press. Working with the Managing Director of Portfolio Management, the Communications & Marketing Manager will be primarily responsible for creating the key metrics that track the Partnership Fund’s performance and social impact. The Communications & Marketing Manager will also support the Vice President of Communications on the creation of the communications strategy for the Partnership Fund relating to all investments and accelerator programs and then be responsible for ensuring implementation of the communications strategy.
Marketing & Communications
Responsible for creating marketing and other content to showcase and communicate externally about the Fund’s activities.
- Work with Vice President of Communications to develop communications materials and execute marketing and communications strategy.
- Create new content for and regularly update website, marketing materials, social media outlets (Twitter, Facebook) related to programs, new investments, exits, and other Fund initiatives
- Build relationships with relevant media and key influencers to help drive awareness of the Fund’s activities
- Work with Fund team on trend stories (blogs, pitches) to position the Partnership Fund as a thought leader
- Media Monitoring: monitoring portfolio companies, relevant industry news and partners for internal purposes and to update digital assets, maintain social media engagement, plan paid content and measure success
Responsible for the Partnership Fund’s internal and external reporting on the Fund’s existing and new investments, programs and other initiatives in conjunction with the Fund investment team, including report design, coordination, writing/editing.
- Maintain and update key metrics of the Partnership Fund and perform regular analyses on Fund impact and activity
- Manage responses and tracking of new proposals.
- Serve as the Fund lead for workflow process and other internal systems
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 1-2 years’ work experience preferably within Public Relations, Communications, Investor Relations and/or related fields.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proficiency with Adobe InDesign (Photoshop and Illustrator a plus)
- Working knowledge of SalesForce
- Attention to detail
- Fluency in communicating on all social media platforms
- Creative thinker with an ability to develop story angles and spot trends
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent organizational skills and interest in taking initiative
- Able to exercise good judgment and discretion
- Interest in and commitment to New York City and the Partnership Fund’s mission
The Partnership for New York City, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a comprehensive benefits package. Please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.