The Partnership for New York City represents the city’s business leadership and its largest private sector employers.
We work with government, labor and the nonprofit sector to promote economic growth and maintain the city’s position as a global center of commerce and innovation. Through the Partnership Fund for New York City, the Partnership contributes directly to projects that create jobs, improve economically distressed communities and stimulate new business creation.
Manager, Partnership Fund
The Partnership Fund for New York City is a privately-funded, New York City-based venture capital and economic development firm which has invested $150 million since inception. The Fund was started in 1996 by Henry Kravis under the auspices of the Partnership for New York City, the city’s premier business organization.
The Fund invests in businesses headquartered in New York City through direct investments and sector specific programs currently focused on fintech and digital health. The Partnership Fund focuses on innovative ideas, products, or initiatives that position New York at the cutting edge of growth sector industries, along with new job creation, revitalization of distressed areas, and minority-owned enterprises. Sectors of focus include life sciences, fintech, digital health, advanced manufacturing, social enterprises and public-private initiatives.
Responsible for all aspects of Partnership Fund’s portfolio reporting, including the Fund’s existing portfolio, new investments, programs and other Fund initiatives, as well as creation of marketing and other creative content to showcase and communicate externally about the Fund’s activities. Also serves as the Fund lead for workflow process and other internal systems (including Salesforce).
- Prepare bi-annual reports, including report design, coordination, writing/editing of:
- Portfolio Report for Board
- Report to Investors
- Investment and Program Update Emails/Reports
- Prepare bi-annual internal Management Reports
- Prepare reports regarding Partnership Fund programs, including report design, coordination, and writing/editing
- Prepare Partnership Fund board books
- Maintain and update key metrics and perform regular analyses on Fund impact and activity
- Manage proposal inbox. Maintain storage area for closed portfolio companies, including periodic disposal of proposals older than three years.
Marketing & Communications
- Work with Vice President of Communications to create communications materials and execute marketing and communications strategy.
- Create new content for and regularly update website, marketing materials, social media outlets (Twitter, Facebook) related to programs, new investments, exits, and other Fund initiatives
- Build relationships with relevant media and key influencers to help drive awareness of the Fund’s activities
- Work with Fund team on trend stories (blogs, pitches) to position the Partnership Fund as a thought leader
- Media Monitoring: monitoring portfolio companies, relevant industry news and partners to update digital assets, maintain social media engagement, plan paid content, measure success and for internal purposes
- Administrative tasks as assigned to ensure success of the Partnership Fund including, but not limited to: answering phones, scheduling meetings, shared drive management, and SalesForce management
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 1-2 years’ work experience; preferably in Public Relations, Communications, Investor Relations and/or related fields.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative thinker with an ability to develop story angles and spot trends
- Fluency in communicating on all social media platforms
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency with Adobe InDesign (Photoshop and Illustrator a plus)
- Working knowledge of SalesForce
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent organizational skills and interest in taking initiative
- Able to exercise good judgment and discretion
- Interest in and commitment to New York City and the Partnership Fund’s mission
The Partnership for New York City, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a comprehensive benefits package. Please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Partnership Fund Spring Fintech Intern
The Partnership Fund is a $150 million Fund founded by Henry Kravis and capitalized by New York’s global leaders of business and finance. The Fund is seeking an intern from March–June 2018 to focus on the FinTech Innovation Lab and support the fund’s evaluation of new fintech and insurtech investments.
The FinTech Innovation Lab works closely with early- to growth-stage enterprise technology companies to help refine and test their value proposition in collaborating with the world’s leading financial and insurance institutions. Since its founding in 2010, it has provided entrepreneurs from 47 technology companies with mentoring and access to more than 40 leading financial and insurance institutions CEOs, CTOs, CIOs, venture capitalists and technology luminaries. Previous participants include companies such as AlphaPoint, CB Insights, Digital Asset Holdings and Narrative Science. The companies collectively have created nearly 500 jobs and have raised more than $500 million in venture financing after participating in the program. The Fund in some cases also invests (Seed–Series B) in companies that have participated in the Lab. Past investments include Digital Reasoning, Enigma, Kasisto, RevolutionCredit and T-REX.
The Intern should be an exceptional and driven person who can thrive in an open, entrepreneurial environment. They should have strong knowledge and a desire to work with startups building solutions in areas such AI, blockchain, data analytics, machine learning, security and other technologies targeting financial and insurance institutions. The candidate will receive hands-on training and be exposed to sourcing, due diligence and business operations while meeting and collaborating with entrepreneurs, leading financial and insurance institutions and investors. The candidate should also be committed to the Fund’s mission, which is to mobilize our investors’ resources—their money, time and influence—to create jobs, spur new business creation and to expand opportunities for all of the city’s residents and neighborhoods.
- Work closely with the 2018 Lab companies (fintech and insurtech) to facilitate collaboration with the various stakeholders (financial and insurance institutions, VCs, Entrepreneur Mentors). Specifically, work with the team to ensure all aspects of meetings, office hours, panels discussions, demo day and other events are properly planned and executed.
- Proactively develop ways to support the Lab portfolio companies
- Help drive greater outreach to the relevant tech communities to increase visibility of the FinTech Innovation Lab
- Identify fintech companies that would be a fit for the Lab, including meeting investors, entrepreneurs and other key stakeholders in the fintech ecosystem.
- Work on focused projects to drive greater engagement with the Lab’s various stakeholders. Examples of projects include:
- Lead talent management initiative to help Lab companies find talent in a more seamless manner
- Identify and execute strategy to help build greater interaction and community amongst the Lab alumni
- Streamline internal and external reporting for Lab portfolio companies
- Work with the Marketing and Communications teams to grow the Lab’s social media presence
- Support the Fund’s evaluation and diligence of fintech investments
PROJECTED TIME FRAME – MARCH THROUGH JUNE 2018 AT 20 HOURS PER WEEK. SOME FLEXIBILITY WITH SCHEDULE.
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program
- Some financial services and tech experience preferred.
- Experience and passion for the NYC startup ecosystem a plus.
- Excellent quantitative/analytical skills.
- Excellent writing, communication, marketing and organizational skills.
- Skillful at building relationships with senior executives. Able to manage relationships with Partnership Fund network, entrepreneurs and Partnership staff.
- Business knowledge: Able to understand business issues and incorporate appropriately.
- Able to work in a small staff environment. Willing to perform, and where needed assume responsibility for, organizational tasks.
Able to take initiative and work independently.
If interested, please send cover letter with responses to the below questions and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are speaking to an entrepreneur building a fintech company, how would you make a case for him or her to participate in the FinTech Innovation Lab? (250 words)
- Please share your thoughts on a fintech company you find to be interesting? Why? (250 words)