The Partnership for New York City represents the city’s business leadership and its largest private sector employers.
We work with government, labor and the nonprofit sector to promote economic growth and maintain the city’s position as a global center of commerce and innovation. Through the Partnership Fund for New York City, the Partnership contributes directly to projects that create jobs, improve economically distressed communities and stimulate new business creation.
Vice President, Communications
The Partnership for New York City represents the city’s business leadership and its largest private sector employers. We work with government, labor and the nonprofit sector to promote economic growth and maintain the city’s position as a global center of commerce and innovation. Through the Partnership Fund for New York City, the Partnership contributes directly to projects that create jobs, improve economically distressed communities and stimulate new business creation.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Vice President, Communications is responsible for development and dissemination of information about the Partnership and its programs to its various constituencies. The Vice President, Communications is charged with developing the organization’s image and communicating its activities, policy positions and accomplishments to its audiences, including print, radio, television and social media. The position will work on a daily basis with the press to communicate the organization’s policy positions, accomplishments and activities.
- Work with the President/CEO and EVP to plan and implement press strategy.
- Work with senior program staff to develop and execute effective marketing and communications strategies.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of public relations.
- Cultivate media—digital, print, television and radio.
- Respond to all press calls and inquiries; work with reporters to assist/shape stories.
- Serve as background/briefing information source for reporters.
- Disseminate the message on Partnership policy positions, program highlights, and other issues of importance to its audiences, through various methods including press releases, op-eds, letters to the editor, radio/TV interviews, digital platforms and occasional media events or press conferences.
- Provide research and analyses integral to the development and credibility of Partnership positions and media campaigns.
- Build relationships with communications staff at select Partner and Member firms.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 5-7 years of work experience in public/media relations, marketing, communications or related field. Must have New York City press contacts.
- BA degree in related field
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills—oral and written, as well as analytical skills
- Close attention to detail and ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks
- Knowledge of New York City and state issues
The Partnership for New York City, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We offer an excellent benefits package. If you would like to be considered for this position, please forward your resume and cover letter to Josephine Cullen at email@example.com.
Associate, Partnership Fund for New York City
The Partnership Fund for New York City is a privately-funded, New York City-based venture capital and economic development firm which has invested $140 million since inception. The Fund was started in 1996 by Henry Kravis of KKR under the auspices of the Partnership for New York City, the city’s premier business organization.
The Fund invests in businesses headquartered in New York City through (i) direct investments and (ii) sector specific programs currently focused on fintech and digital health. The Partnership Fund focuses on innovative ideas, products, or initiatives that position New York at the cutting edge of growth sector industries, along with new job creation, revitalization of distressed areas, and minority-owned enterprises. Sectors of focus include life sciences, fintech, digital health, advanced manufacturing, social enterprises and public-private initiatives.
- Investment Review and Sourcing
- Evaluate business plans and provide feedback to senior management
- Assist senior management and team of industry experts in conducting due diligence and analyzing investments, including vetting/building and sensitizing detailed financial models
- Prepare investment memoranda for approval from the Partnership Fund board
- Draft and execute deal documents with senior management and pro bono legal assistance
- Generate deal flow for the Fund
- Program Management
- Provide support to the Fund’s programs and program participants (start-ups, enterprise customers and investors)
- Execute program-related investments in participating startup companies, as well as post-program Partnership Fund investments in program graduates
- Portfolio Management
- Monitor financial and qualitative performance of portfolio companies and keep Partnership Fund senior management informed
- Update reports of portfolio companies for presentation to the Partnership Fund board
- At least two years’ work experience involving in-depth financial modeling and corporate valuation (most commonly investment banking, private equity, and VC, but can also be management consulting)
- Excellent financial modeling, analytical skills, and ability to understand business issues
- Strong interest in technology, entrepreneurship and venture capital
- Strong commitment to social impact and to the Fund’s double bottom line mission
- Exemplary interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Vice President, Healthcare
The Partnership Fund for New York City is a privately-funded, New York City-based venture capital and economic development fund with $120 million under management. The Senior Vice President of Healthcare will lead the PF’s healthcare initiatives. The PF’s goals with respect to its healthcare initiatives and investments are:
- Catalyzing the growth of jobs and economic activity in commercial life sciences and digital health; and
- Supporting non-profits that develop new models to address the healthcare needs of New Yorkers, while creating jobs.
- Lead the Partnership Fund’s healthcare initiatives, including the new commercial life sciences accelerator, New York Digital Health Accelerator and BioAccelerate Phase I and Phase II programs, including Innovate NY funding.
- Oversee implementation of recommendations of the Commercial Life Sciences Report, including launching and operating the new commercial life sciences accelerator.
- Identify and develop new and innovative ideas for investments, economic development programs and sector growth initiatives. Lead due diligence process and work with team of industry experts in analyzing investments, including vetting/building and sensitizing detailed financial models. Ensure that the project team is used strategically and is fully involved throughout the process.
- Main contact for healthcare investments. Evaluate and execute investments in participating startup companies, as well as post-program Fund investments in program graduates.
- Build, maintain and leverage the Fund’s network of experienced business executives to support accelerator and Partnership Fund portfolio investments.
- Engage the Fund’s Healthcare Advisory Board: organize regular meetings and leverage their expertise and networks.
- Monitor financial and qualitative performance of existing portfolio companies and graduates of healthcare programs.
- Maintain regular communications with portfolio companies to be able to provide adequate oversight, strategic assistance to companies, flagging of issues and networking opportunities.
- Collaborate with Fund team members on annual valuations and reporting for relevant portfolio companies.
- Prepare investment memoranda for approval from the PF board.
- Coordinate with Fund General Counsel on deal documentation.
- Expand the Fund network to increase deal flow; perform speaking engagements, meet with sector group members and others.
- Contribute to building the organization. Engage and guide Associates in investment process.
- MBA and at least 8-10 years’ work experience in investing/finance post business school (or equivalent experience).
- Meaningful experience with and understanding of the healthcare industry.
- Excellent quantitative/analytical and negotiation skills.
- Excellent writing, communication and organizational skills.
- Skillful at building relationships with senior executives. Able to manage relationships with PF network, entrepreneurs and staff.
- Able to effectively collaborate internally and externally. Able to work in a small staff environment and as part of a team. Willing to perform, and where needed assume responsibility for, organizational tasks.
- Strong leadership skills.
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.