The Partnership for New York City represents the city’s business leadership and its largest private sector employers.
We work with government, labor and the nonprofit sector to promote economic growth and maintain the city’s position as a global center of commerce and innovation. Through the Partnership Fund for New York City, the Partnership contributes directly to projects that create jobs, improve economically distressed communities and stimulate new business creation.
Title: Associate (Pre-MBA, 2-year position)
Start Date: Immediate
The Partnership Fund for New York City (http://fund.pfnyc.org) is a privately-funded, New York City-based venture capital and economic development firm which has invested $150 million since inception. The Fund was started in 1996 by Henry Kravis under the auspices of the Partnership for New York City, the city’s premier business organization.
The Fund invests in businesses headquartered in New York City through direct investments and sector specific programs currently focused on fintech and digital health. The Partnership Fund focuses on innovative ideas, products, or initiatives that position New York at the cutting edge of growth sector industries, along with new job creation, revitalization of distressed areas, and minority-owned enterprises. Sectors of focus include life sciences, fintech, digital health, advanced manufacturing, social enterprises and public-private initiatives.
- Evaluate business plans and provide feedback to senior management
- Assist senior management and a team of industry experts in conducting due diligence and analyzing investments, including vetting/building and sensitizing detailed financial models
- Prepare investment memoranda for approval from the Partnership Fund board
- Draft and execute deal documents with senior management and pro bono legal assistance
- Monitor financial and qualitative performance of portfolio companies and keep Partnership Fund senior management informed
- Update financial models and reports of portfolio companies
Advance Fund Mission
- Contribute to building the organization. Help build, maintain and maximize the Fund network
- Perform organizational tasks to ensure success of the Fund
- At least two years’ work experience involving in-depth financial modeling and corporate valuation (most commonly investment banking, private equity, and VC, but can also be management consulting)
- Excellent financial modeling, analytical skills, and ability to understand business issues
- Strong interest in technology, entrepreneurship and venture capital
- Strong commitment to social impact and to the Fund’s double bottom line mission
- Exemplary interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
Senior Vice President, Life Sciences Innovation
The Senior Vice President of Life Sciences Innovation will spearhead the Partnership Fund for New York City’s involvement with the new $1.0 billion combined New York State and New York City life sciences initiative and all other Partnership Fund life sciences and healthcare initiatives. The Partnership Fund for New York City is a privately-funded, New York City-based venture capital and economic development fund with $120 million under management.
- Launch and operate a new New York State statewide commercial life sciences accelerator, which is a key component of a new $1.0 billion combined New York State and New York City life sciences initiative.
- Lead the Partnership Fund’s life sciences and healthcare initiatives.
- Build, maintain and leverage the Partnership Fund’s network of experienced business executives to support the accelerator and the Partnership Fund’s portfolio investments.
- Oversee the NY Digital Health Accelerator in collaboration with the Director of the NY Digital Health Accelerator
- Main contact for life sciences and healthcare investments. Evaluate and execute investments in participating startup companies, as well as post-program investments in program graduates.
- Monitor performance of existing portfolio companies and program graduates.
- Expand the Partnership Fund’s network; perform speaking engagements, meet with sector group members and others.
- MBA and at least 8-10 years’ work experience in investing/finance post business school (or equivalent experience)
- Meaningful experience with and understanding of the life sciences industry.
- Excellent quantitative/analytical and negotiation skills
- Excellent writing, communication and organizational skills
- Skillful at building relationships with senior executives. Able to manage relationships with the Partnership Fund’s network, entrepreneurs and staff.
- Able to effectively collaborate internally and externally. Able to work in a small staff environment and as part of a team. Willing to perform, and where needed assume responsibility for, organizational tasks.
- Strong leadership skills
The Partnership for New York City, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We offer an excellent benefits package. If you are interested and qualified for this position, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.