The Partnership for New York City represents the city’s business leadership and its largest private sector employers.
We work with government, labor and the nonprofit sector to promote economic growth and maintain the city’s position as a global center of commerce and innovation. Through the Partnership Fund for New York City, the Partnership contributes directly to projects that create jobs, improve economically distressed communities and stimulate new business creation.
Senior Vice President, Life Sciences Innovation
The Senior Vice President of Life Sciences Innovation will spearhead the Partnership Fund for New York City’s involvement with the new $1.0 billion combined New York State and New York City life sciences initiative and all other Partnership Fund life sciences and healthcare initiatives. The Partnership Fund for New York City is a privately-funded, New York City-based venture capital and economic development fund with $120 million under management.
- Launch and operate a new New York State statewide commercial life sciences accelerator, which is a key component of a new $1.0 billion combined New York State and New York City life sciences initiative.
- Lead the Partnership Fund’s life sciences and healthcare initiatives.
- Build, maintain and leverage the Partnership Fund’s network of experienced business executives to support the accelerator and the Partnership Fund’s portfolio investments.
- Oversee the NY Digital Health Accelerator in collaboration with the Director of the NY Digital Health Accelerator
- Main contact for life sciences and healthcare investments. Evaluate and execute investments in participating startup companies, as well as post-program investments in program graduates.
- Monitor performance of existing portfolio companies and program graduates.
- Expand the Partnership Fund’s network; perform speaking engagements, meet with sector group members and others.
- MBA and at least 8-10 years’ work experience in investing/finance post business school (or equivalent experience)
- Meaningful experience with and understanding of the life sciences industry.
- Excellent quantitative/analytical and negotiation skills
- Excellent writing, communication and organizational skills
- Skillful at building relationships with senior executives. Able to manage relationships with the Partnership Fund’s network, entrepreneurs and staff.
- Able to effectively collaborate internally and externally. Able to work in a small staff environment and as part of a team. Willing to perform, and where needed assume responsibility for, organizational tasks.
- Strong leadership skills
The Partnership for New York City, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We offer an excellent benefits package. If you are interested and qualified for this position, please forward your resume to: Josephine Cullen at email@example.com