The Partnership for New York City represents the city’s business leadership and its largest private sector employers.
We work with government, labor and the nonprofit sector to promote economic growth and maintain the city’s position as a global center of commerce and innovation. Through the Partnership Fund for New York City, the Partnership contributes directly to projects that create jobs, improve economically distressed communities and stimulate new business creation.
Partnership Fund for New York City Associate position
Title: Associate (2-year position)
Start Date: Summer 2019
The Partnership Fund for New York City (https://pfnyc.org/our-investments) is a mission-driven investment fund focused on creating jobs in New York City and growing the local economy. Our investments range broadly–from projects in inner city neighborhoods that help provide employment and better services to underserved populations to those that catalyze the growth of emerging tech sectors such as life sciences and digital manufacturing. We also operate the FinTech Innovation Lab to connect emerging fintech companies to large financial institutions. Recently we launched a new partnership with the MTA to identify new technologies for public transit.
The Partnership Fund was started in 1996 by Henry Kravis under the auspices of the Partnership for New York City, the city’s premier business organization. Our funding was provided by the private sector. We have invested over $160 million since inception.
- Evaluate business plans and provide feedback to senior management
- Assist senior management and a team of industry experts in conducting due diligence and analyzing investments, including vetting/building and sensitizing detailed financial models
- Prepare investment memoranda for approval from the Partnership Fund board
- Draft and execute deal documents with senior management and pro bono legal assistance
- Monitor financial and qualitative performance of portfolio companies and keep Partnership Fund senior management informed
- Update financial models and reports of portfolio companies
Advance Fund Mission
- Contribute to building the organization. Help build, maintain and maximize the Fund network
- Conduct research in support of the Fund’s initiatives
- Perform organizational tasks to ensure success of the Fund
- At least two years’ work experience involving in-depth financial modeling and corporate valuation (most commonly investment banking, but can also be management consulting)
- Excellent financial modeling, analytical skills, and ability to understand business issues
- Strong commitment to social impact and entrepreneurship and to the Fund’s double bottom line mission
- Exemplary interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills