Join us in our commitment to strengthening the economy for all New Yorkers. View our current open positions and learn more about our organization below.
Director of Innovation Programs
Director of Innovation Programs
The Partnership for New York City is a nonprofit organization whose members are the city’s pre-eminent business leaders and employers of more than 1.5 million New Yorkers. We build bridges between the leaders of global industries and government, drawing on the resources and expertise of business to help solve public challenges, create jobs and strengthen neighborhoods throughout the five boroughs.
The Director of Innovation Programs is responsible for planning, directing, and executing the activities related to the Transit Tech Lab and strategic innovation initiatives. The person will ensure all program goals and objectives are achieved and all meetings and events are planned and executed according to the program schedule and structure. The Director will lead outreach into the entrepreneurial community to ensure there is a sufficient number and high quality of applicants.
Lead all aspects of Transit Tech Lab and support strategic innovation initiatives.
Lead recruitment of applicants, selection process, proof-of-concept and pilot support, information sessions and more. Includes:
- Recruitment: Lead outreach to the relevant tech communities (transportation, machine learning) to recruit candidates to apply for the programs, including meeting investors, entrepreneurs and other key stakeholders in the data and hardware spaces. Participate on panel discussions and in other events to raise the visibility of the program within the fintech, health tech and NYC enterprise tech communities.
- Screening: Manage the initial review of the applicants, coordinate the review of relevant candidates with evaluators. Organize and manage the in–person presentations of companies selected by evaluators.
- Information Sessions: Conduct information sessions for program tech companies as well as orientation sessions with other program participants.
- During Program: Schedule and attend early meetings between program tech companies and mentors and prepare the program tech companies for those meetings; Manage the schedule of Office Hours, Workshops, and other content sessions with stakeholders; Convene periodic meetings and calls for the representatives of the participants to assess progress on an interim basis; Convene periodic meetings for program tech companies.
- Post Program: Schedule and manage feedback sessions for the program tech companies and calls with stakeholders. Prepare a final report. Proactively develop ways to support graduates post program, including relevant introduction and visibility within Partnership network.
- Other: Plan and execute events that support past graduates of the programs.
- Manage communications to ensure smooth, timely and efficient operations of the program.
- Collaborate and coordinate with the Partnership Fund marketing/PR resources to identify opportunities for positive positioning of the program in traditional and social media.
- Public Relations/Social Media/Web presence – Develop and deploy a public relations and social media strategy and enlist support with implementation; maintain and update the program websites.
- Proactively remain informed and current on competitive landscape and key trends in cities, transportation, and infrastructure technology.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- At least 3-5 years’ work experience in consulting, technology, program management or another relevant field
- Some transportation or government experience preferred.
- Experience and passion for the NYC startup ecosystem a plus
- Excellent quantitative/analytical and negotiation skills
- Excellent writing, communication, marketing, and organizational skills
- Skillful at building relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Able to manage relationships with Partnership network, entrepreneurs, and Partnership staff.
- Business knowledge: Able to understand business issues and incorporate appropriately.
- Able to work in a small staff environment. Willing to perform, and where needed assume responsibility for, organizational tasks.
- Ability to adjust work hours to include site visits or evening events.
This position may be partially remote during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Partnership for New York City is deeply committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender or intersex status, military status, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, familial status, caregiver status, domestic violence victim status and intern status or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable law.
Interested candidates can apply here: https://partnershipfornyc.typeform.com/to/UvQiCabu