New Yorkers can all agree that this is a crucial time for the city, and we need to elect strong local leaders who will work across all sectors to accelerate the city’s health and economic recovery. The mayor, comptroller, borough presidents and over 30 city council seats are all on the ballot in the 2021 election cycle.
The primary election was held on June 22 and the results were certified on July 20.
- Democratic mayoral primary winner: Eric Adams
- Republican mayoral primary winner: Curtis Sliwa
- Democratic public advocate primary winner: Jumaane Williams
- Democratic comptroller primary winner: Brad Lander
You can see the results for all offices here.
Upcoming Key Deadlines
- October 8: Voter registration deadline for November 2 general election
- October 18: Absentee ballot request deadline
- November 2: General election; last day to postmark absentee ballot
- November 9: Last day for local board of elections to receive absentee ballot
Materials for the 2021 Municipal Election
Register to Vote: Here
Request an Absentee Ballot: Here
Find Your Poll Site: Here
General Election Debate Schedule: View
Mayoral Candidate Interviews: View
Partnership Campaign Plan: Download