The Partnership for New York City represents the city’s business leadership and its largest private sector employers.
We work with government, labor and the nonprofit sector to promote economic growth and maintain the city’s position as a global center of commerce and innovation. Through the Partnership Fund for New York City, the Partnership contributes directly to projects that create jobs, improve economically distressed communities and stimulate new business creation.
Director, Transit Tech Lab
The Partnership for New York City represents the city’s business leadership and its largest private sector employers. We work with government, labor and the nonprofit sector to promote economic growth and maintain the city’s position as a global center of commerce and innovation. Through the Partnership Fund for New York City, the Partnership contributes directly to projects that create jobs, improve economically distressed communities and stimulate new business creation.
Summary of Position
The Transit Tech Lab Director is responsible for planning, directing and executing the activities of the Transit Tech Lab. The Director will ensure all program goals and objectives are achieved and all meetings and events are planned and executed according to the program schedule and structure. Leads outreach into entrepreneurial community to ensure sufficient number and high quality of applicants.
Lead all aspects of the Transit Tech Lab including recruitment of applicants, curriculum development and delivery, selection process facilitation, stakeholder coordination, trial and pilot support, information sessions and more. Includes:
- Recruitment: Lead outreach to the relevant tech communities (transportation, machine learning, smart cities, etc) to recruit candidates to apply for the program, including meeting investors, entrepreneurs and other key stakeholders. Participate on panel discussions and in other events to raise the visibility of the program.
- Screening: Manage the initial review of the applicants, coordinate the review of relevant candidates with evaluators. Organize and manage the in–person presentations of companies selected by evaluators.
- Information Sessions: Conduct information sessions and roundtables for program tech companies with stakeholders across the transit landscape.
- During Program: Schedule and attend meetings between program tech companies and transit stakeholders and prepare the program tech companies for those meetings; Manage the development and delivery of curriculum and info sessions during the accelerator; Convene periodic meetings and calls to assess progress on an interim basis; Convene periodic meetings for program tech companies.
- Post Program: Schedule and manage feedback sessions for the program tech companies and calls with stakeholders. Prepare a final report. Proactively develop ways to support graduates post program, including relevant introduction and visibility within Partnership network.
- Other: Plan and execute events that support past graduates of the programs.
- Manage communications to ensure smooth, timely and efficient operations of the program.
- Collaborate and coordinate with the Partnership Fund marketing /PR resources to identify opportunities for positive positioning of the program in traditional and social media.
- Public Relations/Social Media/Web presence – Develop and deploy a public relations and social media strategy and enlist support with implementation; maintain and update the program websites.
- Proactively remain informed and current on competitive landscape and key trends in transportation and infrastructure technology.
Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of work experience recruiting and managing a team, in or related to investing, startup incubation and acceleration, marketing, and/or ecosystem development
- Transportation or government experience preferred.
- Experience and passion for the NYC startup ecosystem critical.
- Excellent quantitative/analytical and negotiation skills.
- Excellent writing, communication, marketing and organizational skills.
- Skillful at building relationships with senior stakeholders. Able to manage relationships with Partnership network, entrepreneurs and Partnership staff.
- Business knowledge: Able to understand business issues and incorporate appropriately.
- Able to work in a small staff environment. Willing to perform, and where needed assume responsibility for, organizational tasks.
The Partnership for New York City, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We offer an excellent benefits package. If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to email@example.com.
Communications & Marketing Manager
The Partnership Fund for New York City is a mission-driven investment fund focused on creating jobs in New York City and growing the local economy. Our investments range broadly—from projects in inner city neighborhoods that help provide employment and better services to underserved populations to those that catalyze the growth of emerging tech sectors such as life sciences and digital manufacturing. We operate the FinTech Innovation Lab to connect emerging fintech companies to large financial institutions. Recently we launched a new partnership with the MTA to identify new technologies for public transit.
The Partnership Fund was started in 1996 by Henry Kravis under the auspices of the Partnership for New York City, the city’s premier business organization. Our funding was provided by the private sector. We have invested over $160 million since inception.
The Communications & Marketing Manager has primary responsibility for creating and disseminating the Partnership Fund’s story to all stakeholders, including the board, investors, entrepreneurial and social investment communities and press. Working with the Managing Director of Portfolio Management, the Communications & Marketing Manager will be primarily responsible for creating the key metrics that track the Partnership Fund’s performance and social impact. The Communications & Marketing Manager will also support the Vice President of Communications on the creation of the communications strategy for the Partnership Fund relating to all investments and accelerator programs and then be responsible for ensuring implementation of the communications strategy.
Marketing & Communications
Responsible for creating marketing and other content to showcase and communicate externally about the Fund’s activities.
- Work with Vice President of Communications to develop communications materials and execute marketing and communications strategy.
- Create new content for and regularly update website, marketing materials, social media outlets (Twitter, Facebook) related to programs, new investments, exits, and other Fund initiatives
- Build relationships with relevant media and key influencers to help drive awareness of the Fund’s activities
- Work with Fund team on trend stories (blogs, pitches) to position the Partnership Fund as a thought leader
- Media Monitoring: monitoring portfolio companies, relevant industry news and partners for internal purposes and to update digital assets, maintain social media engagement, plan paid content and measure success
Responsible for the Partnership Fund’s internal and external reporting on the Fund’s existing and new investments, programs and other initiatives in conjunction with the Fund investment team, including report design, coordination, writing/editing.
- Maintain and update key metrics of the Partnership Fund and perform regular analyses on Fund impact and activity
- Manage responses and tracking of new proposals.
- Serve as the Fund lead for workflow process and other internal systems
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 1-2 years’ work experience preferably within Public Relations, Communications, Investor Relations and/or related fields.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proficiency with Adobe InDesign (Photoshop and Illustrator a plus)
- Working knowledge of SalesForce
- Attention to detail
- Fluency in communicating on all social media platforms
- Creative thinker with an ability to develop story angles and spot trends
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent organizational skills and interest in taking initiative
- Able to exercise good judgment and discretion
- Interest in and commitment to New York City and the Partnership Fund’s mission
The Partnership for New York City, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a comprehensive benefits package. Please forward your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org